- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle.
- Half day Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu including entry fees with an experience tour guide.
- Accommodations in Kathmandu on Deluxe hotel.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Nepali restaurant with cultural program.
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and accommodation on mountain.
- All ground transportation and flights according to itinerary.
- An experienced English-speaking trekking guide and porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff salary insurance transportation as well as staff food and hotel.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag (refundable)
- All necessary paper work and permits (NATIONAL PARK, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All government tax and service charge.
11 Days , Tamang Heritage Trek!
From-$1500/person Book Now
|Difficulty||Medium||Group size||Min. 2 - Max. 10|
|Accomodation||3 star hotel in Kathmandu, Pokhara & tea house during trek.||Meal||All meals included|
|Starts from||Kathmandu,Nepal||Ends at||Kathmandu,Nepal|
This trekking area is located about 30 kilometers toward the north of Kathmandu. Trekking along this unbeaten trail is a new experience for the trekkers experiencing the beauty of this mountain region with the culture of local people. You trek through Tamang villages with its life, culture and crafts which have remained untouched from the beginning of the settlement. The trekkers will receive hearty felicitation by the locals rich in their distinct costumes, architecture of their mountain houses and ancient monasteries. It offers you wilderness experience through beautiful landscapes of alpine terrain, flat meadows and rhododendron forests.
The main inhabitants of this area are believed to be the descendants of Tibetans from Kerung who intermingled with Tamang of the Helambu area. Tamang communities are generally found on higher elevations with the peasants engaging in shifting cultivation and extraction of forest products. They are mainly sheep and yak herders but grow some hardy grains and vegetables. Their daily life activities include raising livestock, agriculture and trade with Kerung in Tibet. They also make baskets and mats from mountain bamboo.
During this trek you can enjoy the dramatic views of Langtang Lirung (7245m.), Langtang Kerung, Chimse Danda ridge crossed by Ganjala Pass (5122m.), Dorje Lakpa (6989m.), Jugal Himal, Ganesh Himal, Paldor peak, Shringi Himal, Manaslu and Sanjen Himal ranges.
The trail starts either from Dhunche or Syabrubesi and passes through Goljung, Gatlang, Thuman, Timure, Briddim, Lama Hotel, Langtang valley and Kyangjin Gompa. Goljung, Gatlang and Langtang are traditional Tamang villages culminating cultural features. The visit to beautiful local Tamang monastery and the holy Parvatikunda Lake at Gatlang adds exhilaration to your trekking.
Date & Price
- Nepal visa fee.
- International airfare.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu .as well as all bar bill along the trek.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal insurance and Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc.
- Tips for guides and porters.